Quantity of Serves: 12 egg rolls
Description: These crispy egg rolls are filled with a savory mixture of chicken and veggies, making them a perfect appetizer or snack. The filling is packed with flavor and texture, and the egg roll wrappers add the perfect crunch. Whether you’re a chicken lover or just looking for a tasty and healthy snack, these egg rolls are sure to please!
Recommended Occasions: This dish is perfect for parties, game nights, or any time you’re craving a delicious and satisfying snack.
- 18 oz Twin Dragon egg roll wrappers
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the carrot, bell pepper, and cabbage, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground chicken to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the filling cool.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper and spoon some of the filling onto one end.
- Roll the wrapper tightly around the filling, tucking in the sides as you go.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg rolls and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
For a healthier twist, try baking the egg rolls instead of frying them. Just brush them with a little bit of oil and bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. You can also experiment with different fillings, like shrimp, pork, or tofu, to make these egg rolls your own. And don’t forget to serve them with a delicious dipping sauce, like sweet chili sauce or soy ginger sauce, for an extra burst of flavor.